TRANSPORTER ON-BOARDING AND QUALITY ASSURANCE ASSOCIATE
Lori is building the cutting-edge logistics infrastructure for trucking in Africa. The startup is using advanced technology and operational systems to tackle a massive issue - $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, which means that up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori’s tech-enabled logistics optimization system is driving a new-age supply chain management system and has already realized significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and significant cost savings (savings upwards of 15%, which reduces the prices of goods for consumers).
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially and the company has achieved a 30% month over month growth since system launch in May. To continue driving this pace of growth, Lori has raised capital from institutional and strategic investors from the continent/world. The company recently won TechCrunch’s Battlefield Africa.
The team is led by a team of nerds obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa and executing on their vision:
- Gichini Ngaruiya, CTO: Y Combinator, co-founder/CTO of E la Carte (raised $50mm+), MIT CS, Kenyan native
- Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics work, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
- Fredrik Johansson, COO: former COO of $80mm Swedish supply chain co, Masters in Eng (thesis in Tanzania)
Lori is seeking a hardworking and structured associate to manage our on-boarding of new transporters and trucks. You will also be responsible for ongoing quality assurance of our transporters including their trucks and drivers. You will make sure that the drivers on our platform are trained and follow Lori procedures and that trucks and drivers are compliant. The ideal candidate is detailed oriented and gets things done, and is at the same time a good communicator as you will engage with a large number of transporters and their drivers.
What you will do
- On-board transporters and trucks
- Ensure all documents are submitted and stored
- Ensure all details are collected and correct
- Quality assurance and compliance for transporters, trucks and drivers
- Proactively solve problems and conduct root cause analysis to ensure
- Develop and implement quality improvement initiative
What you bring to the table
- Attention to detail
- Organization skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Excellent oral and verbal communicator
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Previous experience in the transport or logistics sector
- Technical knowledge of trucks
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV to Lori HR at: email@example.com