SALES LEAD GENERATOR (ELDORET)
Lori is building the cutting-edge logistics infrastructure for trucking in Africa. The startup is using advanced technology and operational systems to tackle a massive issue - $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, which means that up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori’s tech-enabled logistics optimization system is driving a new-age supply chain management system and has already realized significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and significant cost savings (savings upwards of 15%, which reduces the prices of goods for consumers).
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially and the company has achieved a 30% month over month growth since system launch in May. To continue driving this pace of growth, Lori has raised capital from institutional and strategic investors from the continent/world. The company recently won TechCrunch’s Battlefield Africa.
The team is led by a team of nerds obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa and executing on their vision:
Gichini Ngaruiya, CTO: Y Combinator, co-founder/CTO of E la Carte (raised $50mm+), MIT CS, Kenyan native
Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics work, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
Fredrik Johansson, COO: former COO of $80mm Swedish supply chain co, Masters in Eng (thesis in Tanzania)
Lori is seeking a Sales Lead Generator who will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating new sales leads to support the Business Development Team. This individual will be a highly motivated, self-starter able to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources. A dynamic personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential!
What you will do
- Develop new business via telephone and mass communication such as email and field visits to introduce Lori Systems and identify appropriate buyers within the target market.
- Follow up on leads and conduct research to identify potential prospects.
- Conduct a needs analysis and determine prospects pain points to determine how Lori Systems will speak to those needs.
- Identify key buying influencers within these prospects to determine budget and timeline.
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Work with the Business Development team to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet revenue goals.
- Manage data for new and prospective clients, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached.
- Prepare and analyze sales pipeline reports and dashboards.
What you bring to the table
- 5+ sales and/or inside sales experience.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined sales and activity quotas.
- A proven track record of strong client relationships.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint)
- Experience at a tech company
- Experience in the fertilizer industry
- Bachelors Degree
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV to Lori HR at: firstname.lastname@example.org