OPERATIONS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Lori is building the cutting-edge logistics infrastructure for trucking in Africa. The start-up is tackling a massive issue - $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, which means that up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics compared to 6% in the US).
Lori’s tech-enabled and operations-driven marketplace efficiently connects transport to cargo. The supply chain management system brings transparency and has pushed significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and cost savings (savings upwards of 15%). The company has experienced a 30% month over month compounded growth since product launch in May 2017.
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially. To continue driving its pace of growth, Lori recently closed a landmark raise from globally leading institutional and strategic investors. The company also recently won TechCrunch’s Battlefield Africa.
The Lori team of ~50 employees is led by nerds obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa:
- Gichini Ngaruiya, CTO: Y Combinator, co-founder/CTO of E la Carte (raised $50mm+), MIT CS, Kenyan native
- Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics work, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
- S. Andrew Musoke, CCO: VP (Sales) at JP Morgan; United Tech; Harvard MBA, Ugandan native
- Fredrik Johansson, COO: former COO of $80mm Swedish supply chain co, Masters in Eng (thesis in Tanzania)
Lori is seeking a highly motivated, Operations Development Manager to play a crucial role in taking Lori’s operations and customers service organisation to the next level and shape the regions logistics landscape. You will have full responsibility for identifying improvements and implementing new processes and tech to increase customer satisfaction and operational performance. You will be part of the operations management team.
What you will do
- Continuously identify and implement process improvements in our operations and customer service process
- Leverage tech and process to ensure Lori can continue to scale rapidly
- Find new and innovative solutions to overcome existing problems and enhance the customer experience
- Engage with all parts of the organization as well as external parties, such as loading sites, transporters; cargo owners and other parties as needed to improve turnaround times
- Work on special projects to improve Lori’s business operations
- Work with transporters to improve delivery performance and on time delivery
What you bring to the table
- Record of delivering results at a top firm
- 5+ years in a managerial operations/logistic position
- Confidence, charisma, passion, inspiration
- Success in developing, implementing and automating processes
- Bachelor’s in engineering, logistics or related field
- Excellent English communication skills
- Experience at a tech company
- Graduate degree in relevant field
- Experience in Emerging Market logistics
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV to Lori HR at: email@example.com