Lori is building the cutting-edge logistics infrastructure for trucking in Africa. The start-up is tackling a massive issue -$180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, which means that up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori’s tech-enabled and operations-driven marketplace efficiently connects transport to cargo. The supply chain mgmt. system brings transparency and has pushed significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and cost savings (savings upwards of 15%). The company has experienced a 30% month over month compounded growth since product launch in May 2017.
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially. To continue driving its pace of growth, Lori recently closed a landmark raise from globally leading institutional and strategic investors. The company won TechCrunch’s Battlefield Africa.
The Lori team of ~50 employees is led by nerds obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa:
- Gichini Ngaruiya, CTO: Y Combinator, co-founder/CTO of E la Carte (raised $50mm+), MIT CS, Kenyan native
- Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics work, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
- S. Andrew Musoke, CCO: VP (Sales) at JP Morgan; United Tech; Harvard MBA, Ugandan native
- Fredrik Johansson, COO: former COO of $80mm Swedish supply chain co, Masters in Eng (thesis in Tanzania)
Lori is seeking an IT Manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
What you will do
- Planning, developing and implementing IT budgets, policies and project tracking.
- Guaranteeing the smooth running of all IT systems, including ERP, anti-virus software, print services and email provision.
- Maintaining systems documentation and operations manuals.
- Managing cloud infrastructure, WAN, LAN, and Smartphone devices and maintenance of network management software.
- Securing data from internal and external attack.
- Evaluating user needs and system functionality and ensuring IT facilities meet these needs.
- Participating in the identification, development and communication of new technology standards and best practices as appropriate.
- Researching and recommending new systems; ensuring adherence to software licensing laws.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or its equivalent.
- Over 5 years’ experience in IT management
- Professional certification as appropriate
- Knowledge of current trends in ICT sphere
- Demonstrated experience in G-Suite Emails, mobile management, and desktop support.
- Management of Cloud infrastructure in AWS and Google Cloud.
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV to Lori HR at: firstname.lastname@example.org