HEAD OF TRANSPORT SALES
Lori is building the cutting-edge logistics infrastructure for trucking in Africa. The start-up is tackling a massive issue - $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, which means that up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics compared to 6% in the US).
Lori’s tech-enabled and operations-driven marketplace efficiently connects transport to cargo. The supply chain mgmt system brings transparency and has pushed significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and cost savings (savings upwards of 15%). The company has experienced a 30% month over month compounded growth since product launch in May 2017.
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially. To continue driving its pace of growth, Lori recently closed a landmark raise from globally leading institutional and strategic investors. The company won TechCrunch’s Battlefield Africa.
The Lori team of ~50 employees is led by nerds obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa:
- Gichini Ngaruiya, CTO: Y Combinator, co-founder/CTO of E la Carte (raised $50mm+), MIT CS, Kenyan native
- Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics work, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
- S. Andrew Musoke, CCO: VP (Sales) at JP Morgan; United Tech; Harvard MBA, Ugandan native
- Fredrik Johansson, COO: former COO of $80mm Swedish supply chain co, Masters in Eng (thesis in Tanzania)
Lori is seeking a hands-on Head of Transport Sales with knowledge of the Kenyan transport industry. The successful candidate will manage the Transport Acquisition and Account Management team, while focusing on a few important acquisitions and key client relationships- this involves solving day-to-day issues as well as growing the business – all inside an exciting, dynamic and fast-growing start-up environment.
What you will do
- Fully own & manage the Transport department within Business Development
- Retain and grow key transporter accounts
- Lead the Transport Acquisition and Account Management teams
- Identify and Develop special relationships with key transporters and potential transporters to drive growth on the platform
- Work with the transport management team to further build sales and account management skills
- Customer Focus: responsible for coordinating with other departments to resolve any client service issues, and communicate resolution to clients
What you bring to the table
- 8-10 years’ experience in a BD role
- Experience at a logistics company
- Management experience
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Negotiation skills
- Bachelors degree
- Experience at a tech company
- Fluency in other local dialects
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV to Lori HR at: firstname.lastname@example.org