HEAD OF TRANSPORT SALES
Lori is building the cutting-edge logistics infrastructure for trucking in Africa. The startup is using advanced technology and operational systems to tackle a massive issue - $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, which means that up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori’s tech-enabled logistics optimization system is driving a new-age supply chain management system and has already realized significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and significant cost savings (savings upwards of 15%, which reduces the prices of goods for consumers).
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially and the company has achieved a 30% month over month growth since system launch in May. To continue driving this pace of growth, Lori has raised capital from institutional and strategic investors from the continent/world. The company recently won TechCrunch’s Battlefield Africa.
The team is led by a team of nerds obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa and executing on their vision:
· Gichini Ngaruiya, CTO: Y Combinator, co-founder/CTO of E la Carte (raised $50mm+), MIT CS, Kenyan native
· Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics work, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
· Fredrik Johansson, COO: former COO of $80mm Swedish supply chain co, Masters in Eng (thesis in Tanzania)
Lori is seeking a hands-on Head of Transport Sales with knowledge of the Kenyan transport industry. The successful candidate will manage the Transport Acquisition and Account Management team, while focusing on a few important acquisitions and key client relationships- this involves solving day-to-day issues as well as growing the business – all inside an exciting, dynamic and fast-growing start-up environment.
What you will do
- Fully own & manage the Transport department within Business Development
- Retain and grow key transporter accounts
- Lead the Transport Acquisition and Account Management teams
- Identify and Develop special relationships with key transporters and potential transporters to drive growth on the platform
- Work with the transport management team to further build sales and account management skills
- Customer Focus: responsible for coordinating with other departments to resolve any client service issues, and communicate resolution to clients
What you bring to the table
- 8-10 years’ experience in a BD role
- Experience at a logistics company
- Management experience
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Negotiation skills
- Bachelors degree
- Experience at a tech company
- Fluency in other local dialects
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV to Lori HR at: email@example.com