HEAD OF PRODUCT
Lori is building the cutting-edge logistics infrastructure for trucking in Africa. The startup is using advanced technology and operational systems to tackle a massive issue - $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, which means that up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori’s tech-enabled logistics optimization system is driving a new-age supply chain management system and has already realized significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and significant cost savings (savings upwards of 15%, which reduces the prices of goods for consumers).
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially and the company has achieved a 30% month over month growth since system launch in May. To continue driving this pace of growth, Lori has raised capital from institutional and strategic investors from the continent/world. The company recently won TechCrunch’s Battlefield Africa.
The team is led by a team of nerds obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa and executing on their vision:
Gichini Ngaruiya, CTO: Y Combinator, co-founder/CTO of E la Carte (raised $50mm+), MIT CS, Kenyan native
Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics work, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
Fredrik Johansson, COO: former COO of $80mm Swedish supply chain co, Masters in Eng (thesis in Tanzania)
Lori is seeking a hands-on Head of Product who can successfully lead the build of the product that will enable us to continue our rapid growth across the continent. The person will work alongside Lori’s best in class and experienced engineering team to execute the product vision of the company – all inside an exciting, dynamic and fast growing start-up environment.
Crucial to this role is persistence and a commitment to the goal of building the logistics infrastructure system of the future. The ideal candidate should be a global citizen with robust cultural empathy. They will need to have experience leading a product team and managing both designers and engineers.
What you will do
- Fully own & manage the product
- Master understanding of the African logistics market
- Design a product roadmap
- Execute alongside our Engineering team
- Use creativity to push through roadblocks
- Continuously improve system
- Lead implementation externally & internally
- Train external and internal users in product
What you bring to the table
- 4+ yrs as Product Manager in high-growth business
- Experienced technical background
- Experience developing a product vision and launching multiple products end-to-end
- Grit - not hesitant to get in the weeds
- Ownership mentality, confidence, charisma
- Passion for Lori’s mission
- Obsession with detail
- Experience in logistics
- Experience working in East Africa
- Full-stack coding experience
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV to Lori HR at: firstname.lastname@example.org