HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Lori is building the cutting-edge logistics infrastructure for trucking in Africa. The startup is using advanced technology and operational systems to tackle a massive issue - $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, which means that up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori’s tech-enabled logistics optimization system is driving a new-age supply chain management system and has already realized significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and significant cost savings (savings upwards of 15%, which reduces the prices of goods for consumers).
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially and the company has achieved a 30% month over month growth since system launch in May. To continue driving this pace of growth, Lori has raised capital from institutional and strategic investors from the continent/world. The company recently won TechCrunch’s Battlefield Africa.
The team is led by a team of nerds obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa and executing on their vision:
- Gichini Ngaruiya, CTO: Y Combinator, co-founder/CTO of E la Carte (raised $50mm+), MIT CS, Kenyan native
- Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics work, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
- Fredrik Johansson, COO: former COO of $80mm Swedish supply chain co, Masters in Eng (thesis in Tanzania)
Lori is seeking a Head of HR who will originate and lead human resources practices and objectives company wide, that will provide an employee-oriented; high-performing culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and Lori standards. The Head of HR will also develop policies, and direct and coordinate human resource activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services.
What you will do
Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- A current practicing certificate with IHRM
- Proven working experience as an HR executive
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of Kenyan labor laws and HR best practices
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV to Lori HR at: email@example.com