HEAD OF CARGO SALES
Lori is building the cutting-edge logistics infrastructure for trucking in Africa. The startup is using advanced technology and operational systems to tackle a massive issue - $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, which means that up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori’s tech-enabled logistics optimization system is driving a new-age supply chain management system and has already realized significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and significant cost savings (savings upwards of 15%, which reduces the prices of goods for consumers).
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially and the company has achieved a 30% month over month growth since system launch in May. To continue driving this pace of growth, Lori has raised capital from institutional and strategic investors from the continent/world. The company recently won TechCrunch’s Battlefield Africa.
The team is led by a team of nerds obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa and executing on their vision:
- Gichini Ngaruiya, CTO: Y Combinator, co-founder/CTO of E la Carte (raised $50mm+), MIT CS, Kenyan native
- Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics work, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
- Fredrik Johansson, COO: former COO of $80mm Swedish supply chain co, Masters in Eng (thesis in Tanzania)
Lori is seeking a strategic and hands-on Head of Cargo Sales who will drive the business to the next level of growth by expanding existing relationships and creating new ones with external partners at the senior level. The position will require the ability to further build and manage teams in customer acquisition, customer service, and procurement departments. In addition, an ability to transition between in-the-weeds execution and systems/structure building is essential – all inside an exciting, dynamic and fast growing start-up environment. Crucial to this role is persistence and a commitment to the goals of building the logistics infrastructure system of the future.
What you will do
- Exponentially grow Lori’s Kenya business – volumes and new customer segments
- Develop & execute strategic business growth plans
- Ensure scalability
- Recruit A-level players
- Manage teams to meet and exceed quarterly quotas
- Fully own and solve day-to-day complexities
- Create systems to optimize processes & work flows
What you bring to the table
- Record of delivering results at a top firm
- 8+ years of Business Development and Management experience
- High level of extroversion
- Obsession with detail
- Excellent communications skills
- Bachelors degree in sales, marketing or business
- Experience in management consulting
- Experience in logistics
- Graduate degree in relevant field
- Fluency in Swahili
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV to Lori HR at: firstname.lastname@example.org