Administration Manager – Kampala, Uganda
Lori is building the cutting-edge logistics infrastructure for trucking in Africa. The startup headquartered in Nairobi is using advanced technology and operational systems to tackle a massive issue - $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa with up to 75% of a product’s cost tied to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori’s tech-enabled logistics optimization system is driving a new-age supply chain management system and has already realized significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and significant cost savings (savings upwards of 15%, which reduces the prices of goods for consumers).
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially and the company has achieved a 30% month over month growth since system launch in May. To continue driving this pace of growth, Lori has raised capital from institutional and strategic investors from the continent/world. The company won TechCrunch’s Battlefield Africa and has recently expanded to Uganda.
The team is led by a team of nerds obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa and executing on their vision:
- Gichini Ngaruiya, CTO: Y Combinator, co-founder/CTO of E la Carte (raised $50mm+), MIT CS, Kenyan native
- Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics work, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
- Maurice Hickman, Managing Director Uganda: West Point undergrad, Duke MBA, former Army Captain and consultant with project management and leadership experience in 10 countries.
Lori is seeking an experienced Administration Manager, report directly to the MD of Uganda, who is obsessed with details, enjoys multi-tasking and working through challenging situations where solutions are not readily available. The Manager will be assisting the MD in the effective expansion of Lori in Uganda. You will be a jack of all trades, willing to get involved in any aspect of the business to ensure all support activities are carried out effectively thus enabling efficient functioning of all other company operations.
What you will do
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures/systems and streamline processes
- Recruit and train personnel and allocate responsibilities and office space
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations
- Manage schedules and deadlines
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material
- Oversee facilities services and maintenance
- Organize and supervise other office activities
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations
What you bring to the table
- Confident and Effective communicator - Both Oral and Written
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Confident and Assertive Personality
- Experience as administration manager
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures
- Familiarity with financial and facilities management principles
- Proficient in MS Office
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- A team player with Leadership Skills
- BSc/BA in business administration or related
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV to Lori HR at: firstname.lastname@example.org